Re: lynx-dev hidden links

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev hidden links
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:01:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:
>No, I don't _know_ why any given hyperlink is coded in a way that
>makes it a "hidden link" to lynx.  But I can make assumptions, based
>on the specifics of each case.  So far, I have come to the conclusion
>that nearly all of them are meant to be hidden, or explicitly coded
>in a way that they won't show up in a non-graphical browser.

Why would they do this?

I admit I haven't completely followed this discussion..  (If someone wants
to respond privately, great.)

I hadn't known until now whether these "hidden links" were accidental or
on purpose.  Actually, I guess I still don't know, because it seems like
others are still debating the issue.

What I don't get is why these links don't show up unless you have
a switch set (and my usual alias is "lynx -nopause -pseudo_inlines -nolist"..
so I'm missing these links right?)

With the CNN example given, they sound like they're actually useful links
not links to images.

I guess I don't see why they're "hidden" in the first place.