Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 23:26:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> I went back and did transfers in both ascii and binary mode using a
> plain ftp client and got identical files. It seems that the problem
> really is misinterpretation of EOLs. Now I am not sure why the changes

Actually, I fooled myself. The ftp client on unix had carriage return
stripping on by default. Ascii transfer in DOS or unix adds an extra
CR, so that each CR LF at the end of the line becomes CR CR LF. I'll
try to redo the patch so that it works as intended. The problem
appears to actually be in the Ascii transfer after all (unless someone
thinks that lynx should specially handle CR CR LF).
                              Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden