Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websit

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Having trouble viewing internationalized (Chinese) websites with Lynx.
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:24:37 +0900

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:00:05PM -0400, Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> have installed
> Chinese fonts on the Linux machine and I also verified that the
> terminal client (Poderosa) is set to UTF-8.

The fonts need to be available to the terminal client.  Also, the font(s)
used for displaying output from Lynx will have to be fixed-width, AFAIK.
Does Poderosa run on WindowsXP?  If it does, I would be VERY interested in
knowing what complete (includes the CJK ideographs) utf8, fixed-width font
you are using.  The only non-proprietary one I know of is of such poor
quality that I gave up using it.

> Any pointers or help is greatly appreciated.

It's the only thing I could see as a possibility right off hand.  HIH.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999