RE: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury

From: Johnson, Tracy
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:17:44 -0500

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Johnson, Tracy wrote:
>
> > Hello I just subscribed.
> >
> > I'm trying to discover who wrote the lynx port to the MPE operating
> > system.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > HP has it on one remaining server and lists it as 'author unknown'.
>
> I haven't seen that.  googling, I can see some mention of it
> (www.robelle.com).  That would be before I started working on
> it in 1997.
> At that point, there was a top-level makefile with ~40 targets to
> customize for various platforms.
>
> None of those mentioned MPE (though there may have been other
> names for
> it).  For instance, there's some "snake" target which I never
> was able to
> identify.  Even for that, there's no author mentioned.
>
> Where's the package?
>
> --
> Thomas E. Dickey
> http://invisible-island.net
> ftp://invisible-island.net

The source is on one server that is off the grid at HP.

HP is willing to cut a copy for me if I can get 'permission' from the
author.

Robelle was not on my radar however.

Fortunately I'm one of their customers.  I can ask them if they had
anything to do with it.

Tracy Johnson
Office 1-757-766-4318
address@hidden