Re: Changing source code control systems

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Changing source code control systems
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 07:08:57 -0500

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 06:56 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hm.  Weird.  I'll file a bug with Savannah.  Anyway, try this:
>
>     git clone address@hidden:/srv/git/make.git

One other thing: for anyone who's an Emacs user and using Git as well,
check out:

        Magit   https://github.com/magit/magit

I really, really like this method of working with Git rather than the
traditional Emacs VC mode.  VC is good, but Magit is more powerful and
more closely aligned with Git so it's simpler to use.  It really helped
me understand Git's workflow.

There's even a handy 20m video available showing off how to work with
it.

+1 from me.