Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: using sqlite as provided in debian unstable

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: using sqlite as provided in debian unstable
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:54:58 +0200

Bruce Stephens schrieb:
as provided in debian unstable, but what about sqlite? Can you, my
fellow developers, see any forseeable problem if monotone is built
using the debian version of sqlite?

monotone uses an 8K page size, whereas sqlite 2.8.15 uses a 1K one.  I
don't know exactly what implications that difference has---presumably
performance.  If I understand things correctly, this difference will
disappear with sqlite 3, but that may not arrive for a while.

I use the debian sqlite with monotone for some months and provided a configure option to do so (--without-bundled-sqlite). I did not compare the performance but can say that the functionality of debians sqlite is equivalent (no problems at all).

Why not try to use debians lua, too? Last time I tried mkstemp was the showstopper (the lua was patched to support it) but I heard Graydon took it out into monotone. [if you can commit it works, the error if it doesn't will not help at all (see archives)]

     Christof