[Monotone-devel] Re: using sqlite as provided in debian unstable

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: using sqlite as provided in debian unstable
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:27:42 +0100

Tomas Fasth <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Can you, my fellow developers, see any forseeable problem if
> monotone is built using the debian version of sqlite?

Because of the page size difference, the debian executable will be
incompatible with executables built from the distributed source, in
the sense that databases constructed by one will be unreadable by the
other.

That'll hit many users quite soon, I guess, because one of the first
things *I* did was follow the instructions
<http://www.venge.net/monotone/self-hosting.html>, and build a
monotone.  If users did that, they'd find their newly built monotone
wouldn't be able to read the database containing its own source.

I don't know how critical that is, if the debian package has suitable
warnings, and if the self-hosting page mentions it as an issue, then
probably it won't be too confusing.