Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] package_full_revision.txt and derived files
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:03:52 -0800

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 06:29:13PM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> The problem lies in the dependencies, not in the tool.
>
> package_full_revision.txt is currently regarded as a .PHONY, which is
> the reason it gets constantly rebuilt.  Is there a reason it can't
> depend on MT/revision?

Yes.  The point of package_full_revision is that it also lists
uncommitted changes, so that one can tell whether the binary actually
is the one that MT/revision would suggest.  There's no way to do this
except by running 'monotone status' on each and every build...

Civil rights were not compatible with European unification. But I'm much
happier now that all our strawberries are the same size.   -- dark