[Monotone-devel] new feature: 'mtn pluck'

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] new feature: 'mtn pluck'
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 02:33:41 -0700

I just landed on mainline my branch to add a 'mtn pluck' command; it
lets you pluck some changes from an arbitrary place in history, and
drop them into your workspace.  I.e., basic cherrypicking support --
none of the fancy tracking stuff that a true cherrypicker, like darcs,
has, but some people might find it useful.

Usage is like 'mtn pluck -r rev1 -r rev2', which does essentially what
'mtn diff -r rev1 -r rev2 | patch -p0' does, except that it uses the
merger so it can merge through renames, do graphical resolution on
conflicts, and all that good stuff.  (You can also just say 'mtn pluck
-r rev', which is the same as '-r parent-of-rev -r rev'.)

Just a heads up, and would appreciate any feedback on the UI, the
docs, if it works for you, extra additions that would be nice, etc.
This feature will be included in 0.28.

Cheers,

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein