[Monotone-devel] Re: new feature: 'mtn pluck'

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: new feature: 'mtn pluck'
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:29:14 -0700

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
I just landed on mainline my branch to add a 'mtn pluck' command; it
lets you pluck some changes from an arbitrary place in history, and
drop them into your workspace.  I.e., basic cherrypicking support --
none of the fancy tracking stuff that a true cherrypicker, like darcs,
has, but some people might find it useful.

That is completely awesome. Thanks! The FAQ entry about cherrypicking will soon be no more.

I have a minor nit with the name: I think I really prefer the word "apply" for this operation. Does anyone else have a preference?

I know I suggested "pluck" too, but on reflection I think it's a bit zany sounding, and think I'd prefer some dry, stodgy term.

-graydon