[Monotone-devel] Re: new feature: 'mtn pluck'

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: new feature: 'mtn pluck'
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:27:22 +0100

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:00:04AM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
>> Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Usage is like 'mtn pluck -r rev1 -r rev2', which does essentially what
>> > 'mtn diff -r rev1 -r rev2 | patch -p0' does, except that it uses the
>> > merger so it can merge through renames, do graphical resolution on
>> > conflicts, and all that good stuff.  (You can also just say 'mtn pluck
>> > -r rev', which is the same as '-r parent-of-rev -r rev'.)
>>
>> Cool.  Can rev1 be a descendent of rev2?
>
> Yes.  rev1 and rev2 can be completely arbitrary (though one may or may
> not find this freedom useful).

Right.  The specific case I was thinking of was reverting some change
in the past (so rev1 and rev2 would be ancestors of the workspace).

I guess it might be nice to have a restrictions version, too, so one
could apply particular changes to netxx, or something.  Probably not
that important, come to think of it.

But anyway, cool new feature.