Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:08:15 -0700

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 04:20:09PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> cvs_import is relatively simplistic on how it does things.  It's far
> better to use something like tailor or the cvssync branch (which I
> understand is going to a major overhaul) to have a more accurate
> representation of the cvs tree.

Err... I'm pretty sure tailor doesn't support branches at all.
cvssync didn't use to, though I think there's some code in there for
it now... Christof would know better exactly what it can do wrt branch
reconstruction.

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."