Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 05:18:32 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Right, there's only one way to indicate "branch collapse" in the
database -- just make the successor a monotone-style merge revision.
But I don't have any ideas on how to actually do this conveniently for
cvs imports.  The information is definitely not in the cvs repo, so we
can't work it out automatically during import.

This is true for CVS, but not for its successor CVSNT, which is Open Source as well and especially heavily used on Windows:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MergePoint

Though I have no idea if mtn's cvs_import will handle anything beyond the original RCS format of CVS or if something like that is planned.

Thomas.

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de