[Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import

From: Tony Tung
Subject: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:57:20 -0700

Hello all,

I just started playing with monotone, so please excuse me if this is a question with an obvious answer. I imported my cvs repository, but the ancestry graph was not built correctly. Whenever a cvs branch is created, monotone treats it as a brand new file with no history. Is there a way to tweak the ancestry so the ancestry is preserved?

Also, cvs sadly has no notion of collapsing a development branch. Since monotone can track that, it would also be nice to be able to tweak ancestry to reflect the collapse.

Thanks,
Tony

P.S. Keep up the good work!