Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio, really

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio, really
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:10:40 +0200

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 20:48, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> Steven Grimm <address@hidden>  wrote:
> > Perhaps it's worth revisiting this idea from Larry Hastings last year?
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01913.html
>
> Since we're revisiting it, I want to point out Graydon's reply
> regarding I/O formats:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01927.html

Ok, I'm not going to cite it, but if you're at it, you definitely should read
Nathaniel's response to that as well.

The basic point of views still remain the same today :) Different people have
different expectations/needs on how to interface the monotone core. Therefore
all those interfaces (cmdline gui, automate/list for shell script usage,
stdio for frontends) do have their right to exist. However, we should try to
find out what the core functionality is that is needed by all these
interfaces.

--
Thomas Moschny  <address@hidden>