Re: [Monotone-devel] MinGW32 buildbot ready

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] MinGW32 buildbot ready
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:27:53 -0500

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

> stephen_leake> Can the buildbot master be customized to run a
> stephen_leake> different command for the 'autoreconf -i' step for
> stephen_leake> this particular build slave? I could write a shell
> stephen_leake> script that spawns a MinGW shell to run it properly.
> stephen_leake>
> stephen_leake> The configure step also needs to be specialized. All
> stephen_leake> the other build steps run nicely in the mixed
> stephen_leake> MinGW/cygwin environment.
>
> Yes.  Because you already have a special path,

I guess you mean for the mtn executable. I didn't realize that was a
special case; the mtn buildbot wiki implied it should always be not in
$PATH.

> I solved the problem by making a special factory just for you ;-),
> so it can be changed further with no problems.

Ok. I have created scripts that reside in the base buildbot directory;
they should be run as:

../../autoreconf-local.sh
../../configure-local.sh

Perhaps this could be adopted as a "standard local override"
convention? The buildbot master could do an "ls" in the base buildbot
directory, and check for names like this. Hmm. I'm not sure the
twisted protocol supports sending results like that back to the master.

I guess if only one buildbot needs it, there's no need to generalize.

--
-- Stephe