Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Mini Summit: 2009-01-18 - 2009-01-19

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Mini Summit: 2009-01-18 - 2009-01-19
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:49:47 -0600

Thomas Keller wrote:
Hi Matthew!

At first thanks for taking the initiative to organize the Mini Summit!

You wrote:
I have started a wiki page[1] with these ideas.  Feel free to edit that
page, and please also continue to discuss ideas on the mailing list.  I
would like to have a solid list of things to work on by January 12th,
and then flesh those out for a week until the 17th so that we have a
solid agenda for our virtual summit.

[1] http://mtn-wiki.1erlei.de/wiki/MtnSummit/2009

What I'd like to see even more than another list of wanted features are
a couple of people who put their names here on the list or on this wiki
page saying "yes, I want to _work_ on this topic and I think I _can_ do it!"
If this does not happen, I'm afraid this gets another wishlist which
won't be implemented anytime soon.

Great idea. I also think we need some kind of guide to monotone development (which we may already have). This guide would contain descriptions of the macros we use and the principles that monotone is developed by.

--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com