Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for 0.99

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for 0.99
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:47:11 +0200

A little heads-up from my point of view:

> I think we're slowly approaching the time for the next release of
> monotone. The only missing right now is the completion and merge of
> nvm.netsync(.automate).

Both branches landed in mainline.

> Afterwards the translations have to be updated,
> this is the current status:
>
> po/de.po: 1499 translated, 15 fuzzy, 4 untranslated messages.

German translation was updated.

> po/es.po: 1193 translated, 155 fuzzy, 170 untranslated messages.
> po/fr.po: 764 translated, 300 fuzzy, 387 untranslated messages.
> po/it.po: 1286 translated, 28 fuzzy, 204 untranslated messages.
> po/ja.po: 551 translated, 376 fuzzy, 524 untranslated messages.

Not much happened here - Lapo said that he contacted the Italian git /
hg translators to coordinate things. I found this a pretty nice idea and
did so as well, but only got feedback from the git guy. I don't know of
the feedback Lapo got so far. I think we'll target more improvements for
1.0 here.

> po/pt.po: 1394 translated, 70 fuzzy, 54 untranslated messages.

Americo Monteiro updated the translation as well.

> po/pt_BR.po: 699 translated, 304 fuzzy, 448 untranslated messages.
> po/sv.po: 1315 translated, 68 fuzzy, 135 untranslated messages.

No changes here.

> I'd like to target the 24th of October as release date (i.e. two weeks
> from now), but if this time frame turns out to be too short for the
> translators, I'm willing to put it back for another week, i.e. October
> 31st.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with a release today, mainly because of two reasons:

1) Our buildbot infrastructure still does not work (Richard...?). I'd
appreciate if you could run make distcheck on the current head on your
platform and provide the results here, so we don't see breakage on any
of the major platforms.

2) I have an yet unfinished hack sitting in my workspace which should
provide better compatibility towards RFC 3986 (yes, the URI issue). I'll
hopefully fix and commit that within the next one or two days.

If everything goes fine we could release 0.99 by Wednesday or Thursday
and the remaining i18n would have to be done after 0.99, unless somebody
steps up and tells me that he still plans to do fundamental improvements
wrt i18n until next sunday...

Thomas.