Calendaring?

From: doug dougwellington . com
Subject: Calendaring?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:31:19 +0000

I'm an old Unix system admin command line type, and I love MH/nmh.

I let the Mac and PC worlds distract me for a bit, but I'm really tired of dealing with Calendar, Outlook, and the like, especially when Microsoft is threating to change the user interface again.  Is there a calendaring program that uses a similar structure to nmh behind the scenes?  If one doesn't exist, I might have to make one of my own.

My idea is that there would be a sparse directory structure with levels for years, months, and days.  Anything in the past would be stored as a discreet event, while events in the future could/would have repeats.  I'd like to be able create calendars and to-do lists with all events in the next day, week, etc.  Does anyone know of anything like that at all?

Thanks,
Doug