om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] patchage & libjack

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] patchage & libjack
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:02:45 +1000

On Wed, 2005-26-10 at 12:40 +0200, elgrande wrote:
> But what I do not know is: Where does om look for its libs.

At build time it uses pkg-config to find the compiler flags needed to
link against libjack.  If something's wrong with that, your system is
not configured correctly.

Run 'pkg-config --cflags jack' and 'pkg-config --libs jack' to see what
Om has been built against.

> And, I think it is NOT my error, but om's error.
> It definitively must not configure without problems, when afterwards, it
> does not find required libs.

This is definitely true, but I suspect your system is screwed up
somehow..

Use ldd to see what lib Om (or any executable) is linked against.

Use ldconfig -v to see what libs your system has registered (you /have/
run ldconfig after installing any libs, right?)

Look at both of these and the pkg-config output above and you should be
able to spot the problem.  Paste the relevant bits to the list if you
want.

> I now state this as a bug!

I now state you as wrong! :)

-DR-