om-synth

[Om-synth] Re: Om-synth controlled by Java

From: Loki Davison
Subject: [Om-synth] Re: Om-synth controlled by Java
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:36:03 +1100

On 3/15/06, Ross Clement <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 23:49 +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
>

> http://web.onetel.net.uk/~hibou/Why%20Java%20is%20Not%20My%20Favourite%20Programming%20Language.html
> > If you are a perl programmer try doing it in perl.
>
> Hmmmm... I do program Perl,  but am not convinced by its superiority
> over Perl. I do prefer the stricter syntax and in particular the more
> formal framework for object orientated programming in Java, but do like
> Perl for many tasks.
>
> I have dabbled with Python, and liked that, and have heard good things
> about Ruby.
>
> But I should be careful as this is not a general programming mailing
> list, and hence I risk going off topic.

mmm, long term memory, thought you were someone who started off by
saying they didn't like lisp in another thread, after quick checking,
it's not ;-) Sorry about my original reply, damn random late night
replies. I really don't think java is the tool for the job, then again
i don't think it's the tool for any job pretty much. There are python
bindings for om. I am currently programming a gui builder / everything
osc controller in python. Python is fantastic for the task. It really
is super simple and elegant to control om from python, using the
bindings or osc.

Loki