palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Project state

From: Mathieu Pillard
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Project state
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:20:23 +0100

Tom Barnes-Lawrence wrote:
found this, and is active: http://taspring.clan-sy.com/

 Looks very pretty and impressive, and apparently works with the original
units. But even if it had any chance of ever working on my computer (NOPE!),
I don't think I appreciate the perspective of it. People might find it more
"immersive" or whatever that way, but it's not as *useful* as the top-down
viewpoint that Palito and TA used.

It's also non-free (as in freedom, in fact it's not even open-source), and works only on windows platforms. Palito is released under the GPL, works on both Linux and Windows and I'm sure it could be ported to more platforms. Quite a difference if you ask me :)

 So, if both Palito and this "TASpring" thing were to continue, I would stick
with Palito myself, I dunno about anybody else. If Palito were to stop, I
would have to just play the original TA on Wine instead.

Same here.

--
mat, yet another palito fan :)