Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-1.9 released

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-1.9 released
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:46:54 +0100

Op zondag 11-01-2009 om 18:19 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
Pierfrancesco Caci:

> Hello Joop,
> all looks fine except the locator map that crashes the program, same
> as happened in 1.8. Now, if no one else has this problem, it may be
> something related to my setup: I downloaded the dsc, diff and
> orig.tar.gz from debian, and recompiled it for ubuntu hardy withouth
> changing anything.
> The crash happens as soon as I try to narrow down the locator map to a
> single band. I have the scoring and the qso before windows open,
> together with the main log window.

Hello Pierfrancesco,

the same problem has been reported by Boris 4Z5ST. However, I can't
reproduce it, xlog does not crash here. So it is impossible to debug
this. Boris send me a couple of gdb backtraces, there was nothing useful
in the output.

> address@hidden:~ $ xlog
> Segmentation fault
>
> Full strace output at http://snoopy.tippete.net/~ik5pvx/xlog.trace.gz

This does not tell me mucht other than a crash appearing just after
opening /usr/share/xlog/maps/worldmap.jpg

> Pf

It might be helpful if you could narrow the bug down. For example of you
start xlog with only one log open, or with a smaller log to see of the
crash still occurs.

Thanks,
Joop PG4I