Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-1.9 released

From: Pierfrancesco Caci
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-1.9 released
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:01:44 +0100

    Joop> Op zondag 11-01-2009 om 18:19 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
    Joop> Pierfrancesco Caci:

    >> Hello Joop, all looks fine except the locator map that crashes
    >> the program, same as happened in 1.8. Now, if no one else has
    >> this problem, it may be something related to my setup: I
    >> downloaded the dsc, diff and orig.tar.gz from debian, and
    >> recompiled it for ubuntu hardy withouth changing anything.  The
    >> crash happens as soon as I try to narrow down the locator map
    >> to a single band. I have the scoring and the qso before windows
    >> open, together with the main log window.

Hello Pierfrancesco,

    Joop> the same problem has been reported by Boris 4Z5ST. However,

Ah sure, yes, now I remember...

    Joop> I can't reproduce it, xlog does not crash here. So it is
    Joop> impossible to debug this. Boris send me a couple of gdb
    Joop> backtraces, there was nothing useful in the output.

    >> address@hidden:~ $ xlog Segmentation fault
    >>
    >> Full strace output at
    >> http://snoopy.tippete.net/~ik5pvx/xlog.trace.gz

This does not tell me mucht other than a crash appearing just after
    Joop> opening /usr/share/xlog/maps/worldmap.jpg

    >> Pf

It might be helpful if you could narrow the bug down. For example of you
    Joop> start xlog with only one log open, or with a smaller log to
    Joop> see of the crash still occurs.

It happens with either of two logfiles open, or with all of my
logfiles open at the same time. It happens also with the scoring and
qso-before open or close (actually ,with scoring close it complains
about it and then it opens the map, and it still dies when trying to
select a band).

I wonder, what could make my situation similar to Boris' one? Boris,
are you on ubuntu 8.04 and recompiling the .deb from debian as well ?

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci