Re: [aspell-devel] Thoughts on using aspell for Indian language ing

From: gora
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Thoughts on using aspell for Indian language ing
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:01:25 +0100

On 12:54:48 pm 11/13/06 Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, address@hidden wrote:
>
> >  P.S. I was also toying with the idea of writing an aspell UNO
> >      component to enable usage from OpenOffice. I see that there
> >      has been some discussion on this earlier. Do you think that
> >      such a component would still be useful, or has the integration
> >      of Hunspell into OpenOffice made something like this
> unnecessary?
>
> Please do!  Hunspell in no way replaces Aspell.

Heh! I agree, after taking a brief look at the Hunspell code, and
documentation. There just happened to be a mention of your name in
the OpenOffice writeup on Hunspell, so I was wondering if you were
OK with Hunspell.
   Actually, what I think I will do is write one using enchant
(http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/) as a front-end. This
can use aspell, ispell, hunspell, etc., as back-ends.

Regards,
Gora