[AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:25:16 +0200

Jan-Åke Larsson <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Uh, we _were_ already releasing 0.9 with it.  Ok, "we" might be an
>> exaggeration, but we did not really get any complaint about that
>> particular thing, did we?
>
> No, it does work if that is what you mean. Users won't complain.
> Developers might.

Ah, that's the advantage of being project leader.  Unless developers
threaten to abandon ship because of it, I have nothing to fear.
Honestly, if you have a better idea of how to achieve this, feel free
to do so.  It is apparent that I am getting fond of achieving stuff
with EMACS_LISP.

> I've just started wondering if not the "getenv" elisp function would
> be usable to transfer information from our configure script to the
> emacs macro?

Uh, transferring information from configure to EMACS_LISP works just
fine.  That's what the $4 and $5 arguments are for, and they do the
trick, including terrifying quoting characters and spaces.

The LISPIFY stuff is for transferring directory specifications _out_
again, and in a form appropriate for substituting into *.el files.