Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:55:23 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-04-05) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The braces have the same font and font size as their content.  It
>> would not make sense to lower only the content.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense if the braces did not share the size of
> the content?

Certainly.  But then (with the current implementation) we would lose
the ability to fontify two or more subsequent arguments.  I explained
it yesterday or the day before I think.  font-latex is only able to
distinguish between three parts of a LaTeX macro, the macro name,
a block of optional arguments and a block of mandatory arguments.
Each part is determined by one match and will get a different face.
If there is more than one mandatory argument, the match will span all
arguments:

\fooo[bar]{baz}{bla}