Re: [AUCTeX-devel] CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:59:26 +0100

Didier Verna <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed that the CfP for abstracts in BachoTeX is due in two
>> weeks or so, full paper at end of month. curve sounds like it could be
>> interesting to an international audience, too.
>
>   Thanks for the sollicitation (and thanks for your personal message
> BTW). Unfortunately, things are pretty hectic over here (just as last
> year, same period :-(): I have the Lisp workshop to set up, papers
> reviewing for the Lisp symposium and far too many others things to do to
> be able to write anything in one month.

If you give an informal notice what you are planning to talk about, I am
pretty sure that things can be made to fit (the organizers are really
great).  I am not really good at providing things in time myself.  I
remember one time where I mentioned on arrival that there was another
thing I would like to talk about, and it got fit into the schedule more
or less on-demand, the same or next evening.

Even if you don't think you can manage to prepare a talk of your own,
think about attending if you can fit it into your personal
schedule/travel plans.  It is actually even a good environment for
working in peace on some topic requiring continuous attention, and works
rather well as a nothing-to-care-about recluse.

I've attended more or less yearly even when I had no excuse to let
somebody else pay the bills.

> I still have last year's idea in a corner of my brain though. Do you
> know when Cork is taking place usually ?

Cork ist not a recurring conference.  This year's TUG Europe conference
is there (fc <URL:http://www.ucc.ie/en/tug2008/call/>) on July
21st-24th, closing date for abstracts Apr. 30th.

I'll likely skip Cork myself, though.

All the best,

--
David Kastrup