Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New release?
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:33:49 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

>> The bad thing is that the release process still uses CVS commands
>> (creating a tag, etc.).  So this has to be converted to using git
>> commands instead.  Patches welcome.
>
> I'm submitting a patch that should adapt the release process to git.
> It's not necessary anymore to pass `COMMITTER` value as command line
> argument, it's guessed using `git config'.  I tested `release-commit',
> `dist', and `preview-ball' rules, they all seem to work.

Awesome!  Maybe it should also echo that one should run "git push" and
"git push --tags" for the release commit and tag to also propagate to
the remote in order not to forget it.

> Please triple check the patch, if it's ok I'll push it.

It looks all good to me, but I've never done a release.  Ralf, could you
please check if it works as intended?  And if so, I think Mosè and I are
in favour of pushing out a new release.  Before, Mosè and me should
write up the changes since 11.87 in changes.texi of course.