Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:26:20 +0200

Hi Ikumi,

to be honest I was surprised to discover there are programs like
TeXShop and TeXworks, that are other *TeX editors.  I thought that the
builtin PDF viewer would have been used, but actually TeXworks
segfaults on my system if I try to open a PDF file with it (probably
it tries to open the PDF as it were a *TeX file).  I don't have OS X,
I don't know what happens with TeXShop.  Even if the builtin viewer of
another TeX editor were launched, I don't see how this can be useful
to AUCTeX users.