bbdb-user

Re: encrypt `bbdb-file-remote'

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: encrypt `bbdb-file-remote'
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:42:58 -0500

On Mon, Mar 28 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
> I download the remote encrypted file from `gnus-before-startup-hook'
> and upload it from `gnus-after-exiting-gnus-hook' (together with
> `gnus-startup-file').

Aren't these two hooks all you need?  I find it more appropriate to
implement such specialized custom features via hooks than making them
part of the code base.  So it still seems to me that `bbdb-file-remote'
can be declared obsolete.  If you find the existing hooks in BBDB are
not enough, there is also the possibility of providing more hooks;
though rare issues can also be handled by advising.