bbdb-user

Re: encrypt `bbdb-file-remote'

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: encrypt `bbdb-file-remote'
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:20:56 -0500

On Sun, Mar 27 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
> I want to keep `bbdb-file-remote' encrypted.
> I am using code based on https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/69869/795 to
> do that (except I use gpg instead of openssl because openssl does not
> work across versions).
>
> Do you want a patch?

Isn't that something which nowadays can be handled by tramp?  I am even
wondering whether the entire `bbdb-file-remote' machinery is still
needed.  It should not matter whether `bbdb-file' is local or remote.
(If there are glitches with a non-local `bbdb-file' it might make more
sense to fix those.  I wouldn't mind if `bbdb-file-remote' can be
declared obsolete.)