Re: [linuxiran] Fedora installation (help needed)

From: Kaveh Mousavi
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Fedora installation (help needed)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:38:48 -0800 (PST)

--- Nasim Mafi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have installed Fedora on my computer and I have
> chosen all of the packages and RPMs I needed at that
> time.
> I want to install Fedora again and I don't know how
> I can make the installation of those selected RPMs
> automatic using the installation log generated at
> that time. I don't want to waste my time selecting
> those RPMs again.
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> N. M.

You have a
anaconda-ks.cfg
file in /root

it is have saved settings of your installation, it is
a kickstart file that is a utility for producing
these-unattended installation files,
The file is created by anaconda,
if you want to repeat the process excatly the same,
even in partitioning part,copy the file in a floppy by
name of
ks.cfg
the when you boot by 1CD of fedora in boot: prompt
enter

linux ks=floppy

There will be no more quetion. The process will repeat
again,

But you must know what are you doing and be ware of
deleting your current data or partition,
No waranty from me :)

read the kickstart help if you want more info,

regards,
Kaveh