Re: [linuxiran] Fedora installation (help needed)

From: Nasim Mafi
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Fedora installation (help needed)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:37:28 +0100 (BST)

Salam

Thanks.

I had just one more question. Let me describe the situation I have!

My monitor is Acer V551 and is not listed under the monitor types. I have found out that Acer55e works fine. However if I leave the monitor type to Generic type and don't specify any types, then I won't be able to have 1024*768 resolution.

My VGA is ATI Rage 128 Pro (Ultra GL) and is known within VGA types.

I had installed Chromium on my computer before (when I had Redhat 8) and the graphics of the game where displayed very well.  But now, I can't play any more! :(

During the installation (Fedora installation) I was trying to find the monitor type which worked with my monitor. (I had forgotten the proper type!) I removed the /etc/X11/XF86config file and run #redhat-config-xfree86.

Now I don't have the quality of graphics of the game! The motions are blinking. That's why I want to install Fedora again! This time I want to specify the type of my monitor during the installation process. I guessed it may work if I do that.  The question is: can I specify the monitor type if I use anaconda-ks.cfg or not?

Sincerely,

N. Mafi

Kaveh Mousavi <address@hidden> wrote:

--- Nasim Mafi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have installed Fedora on my computer and I have
> chosen all of the packages and RPMs I needed at that
> time.
> I want to install Fedora again and I don't know how
> I can make the installation of those selected RPMs
> automatic using the installation log generated at
> that time. I don't want to waste my time selecting
> those RPMs again.
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> N. M.

You have a
anaconda-ks.cfg
file in /root

it is have saved settings of your installation, it is
a kickstart file that is a utility for producing
these-unattended installation files,
The file is created by anaconda,
if you want to repeat the process excatly the same,
even in partitioning part,copy the file in a floppy by
name of
ks.cfg
the when you boot by 1CD of fedora in boot: prompt
enter

linux ks=floppy

There will be no more quetion. The process will repeat
again,

But you must know what are you doing and be ware of
deleting your current data or partition,
No waranty from me :)

read the kickstart help if you want more info,

regards,
Kaveh