[certi-dev] how CVS obstructs my automatized tests

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: [certi-dev] how CVS obstructs my automatized tests
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:57:57 +0100

Eric, all,

This is a "public lament" explaining why I cannot make automatized
tests. :-(

The CVS protocol uses own protocol and own protocol number, which is
very often blocked by company firewalls. It's very hard for persons
behind such firewalls to even obtain a latest software version from CVS.
For example, I have to physically re-plug my notebook to a different
network, what can hardly be automated.

The SVN (I guess you knew this will come) doesn't have this
disadvantage, but if this would be the only reason it's not worth the
migration effort.

Petr