Re: [certi-dev] how CVS obstructs my automatized tests

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] how CVS obstructs my automatized tests
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:28:07 +0100

2008/11/18 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> "Eric Noulard" wrote:
>> 2008/11/18 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
>
>> > intentions: Does it help, would everyone agree on having an automated
>> > mirror to serve the CERTI repository via a proxy-capable protocol ?
>
>> This would be a nice solution.
>> I would have proposed just the same solution I ever I had a
>> usable server with full administrative privilege :-(
>
> Ok, I have  :-)
> We're mirroring some (most) of the FlightGear-related repositories at
> this place:
>
>  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/gitweb.pl
>
> ....  and it would be pretty easy to add yet another mirror. Note, even
> though we're serving GIT, not SVN, this works quite nicely over HTTP.
> Please shout if you would like me to set up a mirror of the CERTI
> source repository.

I think it would be worth a try, since I can get flightgear from there using
git clone http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/flightgear

You should be able to import CVS repository using
git-cvsimport
http://issaris.blogspot.com/2005/11/cvs-to-git-and-back.html

then offer read-only access to the obtained repo for testing.

Once git repo is there we'll have to see how CTest can handle git repository.
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

I know CTest natively supports CVS and SVN
but I did never try git,
in fact I do not currently use git (only tried a toy project)
I know I should begin using it :-)
May be it's an occasion.

There may be a remaining issue which is the usability of git
on Windows.

Does anyone of you have some experience using git on windows?

Is this http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/  usable?