Re: [Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:30:27 -0700

The main page points to

http://chicken.wiki.br/releases/

3.4.0 is there.  So it gives the impression that's the newest "stable"
version.  Now I wonder if that's actually true?  There are more dev
releases in the 3.4.x series; which one should Linux distros be using?

4.0.0 is NOT there.

Why can't the releases page actually be in sync with the releases that
are available?  Because it's a manual process and somebody always
forgets to update it?  Maybe make it more automated then?  or just
point to a web directory which has listings turned on and does not
have an index file, so we can see what tarballs are there.

On gentoo I managed to build 3.4.0 by just copying the 3.3.0 ebuild.

I haven't seen a link anywhere to

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-4.0.0.tar.gz

other than Felix's email.  Why isn't that in the usual releases
directory instead?