Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 10:39:13 +0900

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Peter Bex scripsit:

> This won't work cleanly with native Chicken modules.  For example,
> (use (scheme base)) will give an error (which would be extensible),
> but does (use (only x y)) imply loading a module named (ONLY X Y)
> or does it imply loading X and importing only the Y identifier?

The latter.  De facto, R7RS library names beginning with "only", "prefix",
"except", and "rename" are forbidden, so I wouldn't worry about it.
(That is, you can write them, but you can't import them.)

No, it's the former.  There are no reserved library names.

  (import (only x y))

will import the library named (only x y).  This would not
be a valid "only" import form because in R7RS "x" is not a
library name.

Chicken's "use" can of course do whatever it wants here,
and since in practice library names beginning with "only" are
unlikely it may be safer to assume the latter.

--
Alex