Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:46:46 +0900

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Alex Shinn scripsit:

> A less ugly approach is to have a special module prefix
> (chicken <X>) which refers to the <X> egg, e.g. (chicken sqlite3)
> refers to the sqlite3 egg.

That would need to be augmented by a mapping method in the other
direction: for example, a Chicken module could import an R7RS library
(foo bar) as r7rs-foo-bar.

We're talking about updating the Chicken module system
so it will be able to handle module names as lists.  Thus
new modules referring to R7RS libraries will use lists from
the start, and such a reverse mapping is not needed.

As an implementation detail, the lists will most likely map
to directories: (foo bar) => foo/bar.

But I still think the approach (foo bar) <=> foo-bar, though slightly
imperfect in both directions, is the best overall compromise.

This is ambiguous - is foo-bar-baz (foo bar baz), (foo-bar baz)
or (foo bar-baz)?

--
Alex