Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:54:48 -0500

Felix scripsit:

> I repeat my suggestion of ".". It is not too annoying to look at,
> unobtrusive, has low visual impact, doesn't look too stupid when used
> in non-r7rs code and doesn't need to be escaped. It's perfect! Don't
> you think so? Boy, I love that little period. I think its day has come!

It does need to be escaped, since (foo.bar baz) is a valid R7RS library
name.  But escaping by doubling, as I addressed for _, should be fine,
transforming the above into foo..bar.baz.  (If you mean "doesn't need
to be escaped in the shell," that's true.)

Another advantage is that it's culturally compatible with the Chibi
equivalent of -R, which is -m.  You can write -m'(chibi io)' if you want,
but -mchibi.io also works and is a lot easier to type.

So (1+ dot).

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Rather than making ill-conceived suggestions for improvement based on