Re: [Chicken-hackers] slow polling

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] slow polling
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:15:16 +0100

Am 24.02.2016 um 09:29 schrieb address@hidden:
>> I've done some tests and I was able to get strange behaviour from the
>> scheduler, see
>> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=d9e4c5b8f8473fd1114dcec56c9c8a079b252362
>> However, none of these behaved any different under CHICKEN 4.9.0.1
>> or 4.10.0, so it's not strictly speaking a regression that MUST be fixed
>> before 4.11.
>
> Does it have to be fixed in Chicken 4 at all? I think every effort should put
> into getting
> Chicken 5 ready. The current pace is insane and will not be sustainable
> forever. Let's
> get 4.11 out and then turn to new things.

Not necessarily.

But it may make it much, much easier for me to participate in the process.

Those scheduler bugs are the reason why I'm forced to distribute a
modified version of chicken (with a modified scheduler) for several
years along with the software, which those bugs break.  I'd love to get
rid of that deviation.  It burns my time for no good reason.

At this point I'm not able to make complete transition from 4.9 to 4.11
because I'm loosing too much to make practical use of it.

I have no idea so far what changes are coming in from chicken 5 and I
won't be able to find out if I can't run my code.

Please don't leave me hanging.

Cheers

/Jörg