Re: Help needed to persuade apaches about the Classpath license.

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Re: Help needed to persuade apaches about the Classpath license.
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:23:04 +0200

E... that exactly do you mean? How can I submit them a patch, calling classes that are not part of the Geronimo project? How would they compile such a contribution? Well, I would need to join that project first, but this is another talk. Another problem is that like all our project, CORBA is intended to be operated via standard public classes, not via implementation specific ones. The alternative CORBA implementation is plugged in just using property file.

Dalibor Topic wrote:

Dalibor Topic wrote:
If you want to persuade them to think harder about classpath's license,
just submit a patch to Geronimo that uses GNU Classpath's ORB instead of
whatever they have atm. Having a patch that shows that GNU Classpath's
ORB works (better) for Geronimo would give your argument
more weight.

cheers,
dalibor topic