demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] And now, what for demexp--dev--0.7?

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] And now, what for demexp--dev--0.7?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:00:21 +0200

Hi,

skaller a écrit :

> Recall this is useless for me: I'm running x86_64 architecture.
> I can run x86 statically linked executables .. and even
> x86 dynamic ones .. provided the required libraries
> are available as x86. Debian can't support multi-arch,
> and unlike GODI can't rebuild from source either.

With Debian, you can rebuild from source using apt-build [1]. All the
dependencies are available from Debian AMD64 mirrors (camlrpc, cduce,
liblablgtk2). The only dependency not available in Debian mirrors is
camlgz, because it has not yet been added to the Debian infrastructure
(and it's the same for all architectures !).

So basically, what you have to do is to apt-build camlgz, install the
resulting packages (libgz-ocaml and libgz-ocaml-dev), and then apt-build
demexp. The build process will automagically download any dependency for
you.

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://julien.danjou.info/article-apt-build.html