dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Impressions of XNS

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]Impressions of XNS
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:53:38 -0400

> That is exactly what I would like to see avoided.  Can we say DNS?  Who
> has control of it once you start down that road.  It seems to me to make
> more sense that the authority be part of the information for
> initilization.  Once you start playing with "Who holds the root
> services?", then you get into the game of company X will only accept
> authentication servers from companies that have authentication services
> for X,Y, and Z.  You will notice I said company.  That was on purpose.
> Companies make deals with other companies.  If you don't specifcally make
> it so that they have to deal with individuals, they will ignore the
> individuals, and go for the "larger" share of the pie.  Sorry, I have just
> seen how root servers can be so easily abused.  (i.e. look at DNS and
> control of the root servers.)

Yup, it makes simple serverless solutions look real good.
Wonder where you can get one of those. (See Below) :)

--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.home.net/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm