dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Impressions of XNS

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Auth]Impressions of XNS
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:16:40 +0200

> Ahhh... yes.  The evil Non-Disclosure Agreement.  The method of seperating
> programmers and people so that they can't really help each other out.
> Sorry. I couldn't resist.

NDAs are not necessarily evil.  XNSORG wants to publish those
specs, however they need some more time to figure out how
exactly to license all their stuff.  We don't have time to wait
until they've figured it out.  A NDA is a way around this
dilemma.

But it is important to be make the time, during which we must not
disclose the info, reasonable short (e.g. 3 months).  Signing an
unlimited-time NDA is certainly a bad idea!

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com