RE: [DotGNU]third draft for FD press release

From: Tony Stanco
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]third draft for FD press release
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:10:54 -0700

Serge,

what are you talking about this time? Every few months you come to the
list, flame it, disagree with something or other, or someone or other,
then go away for a few months without adding anything constructive. We
are all still waiting for your grand software development scheme you
promised last time.

>> I certainly have not made any promise of exclusitivy concerning
>> this press release.  Probably nobody did.
>
> Well, according to my friend, Tony did directly to him.

I promised someone exclusivity concerning the DotGNU press release? I
was in France until yesterday and my only involvement with DotGNU during
that time was to make sure nothing got written by Grant, who I found out
was writing an article on his own initiative for NewsForge, until issues
with FSF were cleared up.

> 2) To put mechanisms in place to prevent this as much as possible.
> This may mean closed lists, signed papers, encryption, notices,
> etc; all things a real company does to keep things secret.

This is the reason you never like how things get done here. Free
development isn't about closed lists, signed papers, encryption and
notices. Its about people working together freely and openly towards a
common goal. It is not about excluding people. It is about including
them.