Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:03:50 -0400

Martin Coxall wrote:

> > We may be using Mono, but who said that competition is a bad thing?
>
> In this case, elementary economic theory. When fighting against a big
> competitor, small groups may have to unify, or they will die from the
> infighting.
>
> ---
> Martin
> ---

Well, like I said, from a logistic and strategic standpoint - it's a
different story and probably not a bad thing...

But if plans down the road state that the creation of a new bytecode
format would be beneficial, I don't see why we should scrap a
potentially good future plan just on the premise of keeping competition
from occuring.

        -Barry