Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:20:36 +0200

Martin Coxall <address@hidden> wrote:

> In this case, elementary economic theory. When fighting against a big
> competitor, small groups may have to unify, or they will die from the
> infighting.

I think that competition certainly has its place in Free
Software projects.  There are situations where there is no way
to get consensus on that is the right way to do something.  In
such situations, why not have both groups start implementing
their vision.  It will often become obvious very quickly which
vision is more successful.  This approach means more time spent
coding and less time spent arguing, and -most importantly- when
the argument is settled, some code has been created already.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com