Re: Savannah [was Re: [DotGNU]source code & sourceforge]

From: Charles Iliya Krempeaux
Subject: Re: Savannah [was Re: [DotGNU]source code & sourceforge]
Date: 23 Jul 2001 01:23:41 -0700

Hello,

On 21 Jul 2001 23:56:20 -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

[...]

> meta-projects, coordination efforts, documentation, and the like
> (including the dotgnu.org mailing lists) can certainly be hosted on
> Savannah, too.  In fact, I would very much like to see things consolidated
> at Savannah.

[...]

> I hope Norbert will decide to centralize everything around Savannah, so
> that we have "one stop shopping" for all the development efforts and
> coordination.  I think this will make things easier in the long run.
>
> Of course, it's up to all of you; we can certainly simply forward the
> address@hidden to address@hidden for all the lists.  But, I
> think centralization would help out.

Wouldn't it be better, in the long run, to seperate out e-mail
addresses for people, and e-mail address for mailing lists.

A couple ways to do it would be to have something like:

     address@hidden

for mailing lists; or use something like:

     address@hidden

That way (1) you can instantly identify mailing list e-mail addresses,
and (2) you (practically) eliminate the chance of an e-mail address
someone wanting being taken by a mailing list.  Just a thought.

See ya

     Charles Iliya Krempeaux