[DotGNU]Microsoft.NET compatibility

From: meson
Subject: [DotGNU]Microsoft.NET compatibility
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:59:02 +0500

Do you realize that by taking the responsibility of .NET compatibility you are targeting a moving platform? Consider this statement given a long time ago by some Microsoft manager (I don't remember the exact words) "We must keep the Windows API a moving target since we are NOT in the BIOS business". By drastically changing the .NET platform Microsoft can seriously dent our claim of 'backward compatibility' at any time it chooses.